Mask not what your country. can do for you. Mask is what you can do for your country.
— Dan Rather (@DanRather) October 24, 2020
To stay safe during the pandemic…
WEAR A MASK (Face Covering)
With these other personal and shared responsibilities…
Bottom Line: Multiple layers of protection improve safety during time of pandemic.
Lives of 130,000 Americans will be saved by March if 95% of people wear masks – but COVID-19 death toll will top 500,000 if they don’t, study predicts – Daily Mail
- ‘Universal’ masking by 95% of Americans could avert 129,574 coronavirus deaths by March, University of Washington researchers found
- If about half of Americans ‘always’ wear masks, as they do now, death toll will exceed half a million by then
- Cases are on the rise in at least 38 states – many of them in regions with low mask adherence
- Universal mask use could save 130,000 U.S. lives by the end of February, new study estimates – STAT
- Coronavirus: US cases reach record high amid new wave of infections – BBC News
- SOCIAL SCIENCE | The Upswing | How America Came Together a Century Ago and How We Can Do It Again
- WIRED | Taiwan’s Digital Minister Knows How to Crush Covid-19: Trust
- THE WASHINGTON POST | Voices from the Pandemic | ‘What are we so afraid of?’ Tony Green, on dismissing, denying, contracting and spreading the coronavirus [mea culpa]
- OPINION | Stephen Hawking | “We certainly have not become less greedy or less stupid.” | Unfortunate COVID-19 Examples of Human Stupidity
- Wear a Mask | Elementary Learning Tutorial (video)
Reprinted for educational purposes and social benefit, not for profit.